Saturday, February 25, 2012

TODAY'S MENU SPECIAL


Please read "Give Me a  J.S. I. T. and What Have I Got?" post before you continue. (Click here for previous post.)
Now that you've read what a J.S.I.T. is, you also need to know that I don' measure when I cook, chalk it up to being intuitive. Something about my ancient, gene pool. So, for those of you who are into creative cooking here's my... 
Mellow Miso Soup Recipe.
Ingredients:
Organic Mellow Miso (refrigerate after opening)
1 can of organic chick peas
1/4-1/2 cup wakama seaweed cut into small pieces (optional but really delicious)
1 cup organic firm tofu / cubed
8- 10 organic shitake mushrooms
~In a large soup pot, boil 8 cups of water
~Add: chick peas, wakame, cubed tofu and thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
~Continue to boil for 10-15 minutes then cover and simmer
~For every cup of water that's in the pot add 1 tablespoon of miso in blender
~Ladle out 1 cup of simmered liquid from pot and add to miso in blender
~Blend until creamy and add liquid back to pot
~Taste, if you want it more salty add more liquid to additional miso, blend and      add to pot again
~You can refrigerate soup and use up to 3 days
TIP: Never boil miso since it destroys its flavor and healing qualities