Thursday, June 9, 2011

MOM's BALM for STRESS...B is for BALANCE

In a previous post * I soared like a hawk as I observed the landscape of my life. I was getting stuck in stress-laden "mucky-muck." Yes, MOM often has her lessons presented in wide-screen and surround-sound. 

Anyways, today I needed to create balance. And for me it's having down-time away from the world. 

Perhaps, it's time to reflect on what balance means to you. Once you have the answer you can introduce this thought, image, intention, knowing, action, etc. into your life whenever you need or just desire it.

It's so amazing how we can do a cosmic flip away from negativity and downward energy. But that's another blog for another day.**

HAWK TOTEM

When my computer crashed it took all my spiritual practices to stay focused, savoring the present and not freak out. Especially since I've been lax in saving my files. Can you relate?

Meditation, yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, attitude adjustments and becoming a hawk helped. Now you may be wondering what I meant when I wrote "becoming a hawk." The Native Americans believe that animals, each with their unique qualities can teach and guide us. Hawk energy is the ability to hover high above one's life to "see" the entire landscape, the whole picture. And in doing so, this awareness helps in dealing with arising challenges. 

Next time a mini-crisis or shift happens, close your eyes, breath deeply then spread out your wings and soar like a hawk for a different perspective. 

(P.S. My computer is back from the Apple Hospital and it's like taking care of a newborn who has no memory.)