Monday, June 13, 2011

CLARITY HARVESTS... P.S.A.T.


As I meditate, I sometimes receive answers to questions or "see" a neon sign pointing me in the right direction. I refer to these meditative gifts as "clarity harvests." 

While living in the British Virgin Islands, I learned my Four Spiritual Words. I was meditating, minding my breath when suddenly in my mind I heard a deep, rumbling sound, then saw this HUGE chiseled, granite letter T thrust from my "hara" (area below the navel where prana and chi energy is stored). I physically began to vibrate back and forth as I heard 'T R U S T' being shouted out in a baritone voice.

This was definitely a new and frankly, shocking experience. I remember bringing my mind back to the breath as my body started to relax. After my meditation I thought "What the heck was that all about? TRUST? Trust what? Why trust? What is trust?" I knew I needed to look at that concept and understand it in all ways. I'm not a fast learner and it took me about four months to understand what TRUST meant to me, particularly at that time in my life. 

I thought that was the conclusion of my lesson. WRONG. One morning during  meditation when the true meaning of TRUST finally, sifted down to every cell in my body the same scenario happened. Only this time it was the letter A for ACCEPTANCE that came roaring to life. Again, I was back to my cosmic classroom. My homework was to understand what is ACCEPTANCE?

This happened two more times over the course of one year. The next letter was S for SURRENDER then P for PATIENCE

It was an amazing journey as I struggled, laughed, discovered and most importantly elevated myself to a higher awareness. Even with current challenges I often refer back to the "PSAT" words as I remind myself "What do I need to learn from this experience? Is it PATIENCE or SURRENDER, maybe it's ACCEPTANCE, perhaps TRUST." Many times it's all four.