Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WHAT IS A N.R.R.?


If you don't see me in MOM'S COSMIC DINIER'S * kitchen, I'm probably teaching my original Mind Over Matters Stress Reduction Workshop. I've created the B.A.L.M. formula, where each letter represents a tool you can easily remember and use during a stressful time.

A is for attitude...

We think 60,000 thoughts a day. Sometimes this is why our mind and body feel all knotted up. Many of these thoughts are what I refer to as a NON-REALITY-REALITY. When in a stressful situation we often launch ourselves either back to the past or into the future. Both are places where we have absolutely no control. It's only when we're firmly planted in the present... we can take care of the "business of life."

During the day when you're feeling stressed-out, ask yourself if your doing a NRR? If so, gently bring yourself back to the gift of being present. In doing so you'll begin to strategize solutions to your problems.

And next time you're in MOM'S COSMIC DINER try my valerian~peppermint tea. It helps to soothe the nervous system and relax the stomach.